Friday, April 13, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Aww man, it's Friday already? It has been a long time since I haven't wanted to see Friday roll back around, but I've been spring breakin' it! Sadly, I can't believe it's almost over!!! :(

I missed linking up with Lauren last week. Heck, I haven't blogged since forever ago, but like I said, it's spring break!! And, that's been my excuse for everything this week. I love it!

Okay, let's do this!

1. I recieved the Liebster Blog Award from the lovely Michelle from My Book of Love blog! I can't wait to do a follow up post and make my own nominations!! I am honored and flattered. Thanks, Michelle!

2. Well, I used a grill all by myself Thursday (and I only made one panic-stricken phone call to my husband in the process!). I was scared and intimidated, but I pulled it off! The food was okay, and I didn't burn down the house or singe my eyebrows off or anything!  :)
 
I love being Southern. :)

3. Revlon's Electric Pink nail polish! My new fave color for spring... and probably summer. It is so bright and cheerful, but it isn't too crazy and wild. Just what I've been looking for - and I've been looking everywhere.



4. See those jeans in the background in the pic above? Those are the American Eagle jeans I talked about in this post!! They came in last week and are everything I dreamed of.

AE Original Boot Jeans
5. Okay, it's time to go all teacher-ish and nerdy on the High Five list! This week is the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic! I'm pretty sure this like a once-in-a-lifetime ordeal! If you've read my About Me page, then you know I love history! I just can't help it. Anyways, I visited the Titanic Museum this past October. They were doing a cool thing for the 100 yr anniversary by letting each visitor drop a rose petal into a huge container that they will be taking out to the actual location of the sinking, and then they will release all those rose petals! How cool will it be that mine will be floating around out there?!?
 

Aaron and I in front of the museum.
It's actually built to look just like the ship on the outside!




Have an altogether lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog award! That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the HF4F and am completely in love with your list of 5! Congrats on the grill! I'm a Southern Girl myself and don't think I'll ever get the hang of it. I will always be in love with American Eagle jeans. Aren't they just the most fantastic fit ever? And I'm so stinking excited for the 15th. I'm a bit of a history nerd too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that American Eagle jeans are awesome, I think I'll have to try some soon!

    I love the Titanic stuff too but sadly, I didn't care for the 1997 movie at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura Beth, I found your blog from Lauren's From My Grey desk blog. I'm also new to blogging. I love your page. Hope you can swing by my blog sometime. http://mylifeinthemeadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete