Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fancy!

I am from the South. More importantly, I am from Tennessee  - the birthplace of country music. Like it or not, country music surrounds Tennesseans. My husband, for instance, hates country music, and I, on the other hand, can tolerate it. I might even go far enough to say I sometimes enjoy it - especially the older stuff, and there are always those certain songs that you have to belt out whenever you hear them on the radio.... orrrrrrrrrrrrrr in the dollar store.


"Fancy" by Reba is one of those songs. I just happen to know this song word for word and whenever it comes on, I am captivated and begin singing it involuntarily. When I say involuntarily, I mean it!

As we were quickly shopping for paper towels and Tide today, I hear this glorious song in the dollar store. And what happens? I sing. As I try to hold myself back (but cannot), Aaron hushes me. I make an honest effort to shush, but can't especially when it came to the "ya know, I mighta been born just plain white trash, but Fancy was'a my name!" part.

By this point, Aaron made a beeline for the cash register to get away from me. As I am singing, carrying paper towels, and running to catch up, I hear from the next aisle over, "SING IT, REBA!" from a dollar store worker! Bwahaha!

It was the funniest moment for me, yet the most humiliating for Aaron. We are just so different, but that's why I love him. He's serious, and I'm dorky. Balance. :)

Here's your one chance, Fancy don't let me down
duh duh dum da da.....


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love that song and can never resist the urge to sing along. lol

    ReplyDelete