Friday, March 2, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Yay! Friday is here again! This means it's time to link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for another High Five for Friday! Here's the awesomeness from this week.

1. I took a day off on Monday after an exhausting, yet fun, weekend down in Nashville. Starting off the week with a lazy Monday always rocks.

2. While I was off Monday, the most hilarious thing happened. I was outside cleaning out the hatch of my SUV when I noticed all the traffic along the busy highway in front of my house start slowwwing down and staring. I was like, "Okay, what are they all looking at?" Then finally, I saw a police car slow down and pull over onto the grassy area past the shoulder of the road. I decided I had better walk around from behind the car to see what was up. Someones ass was loose and running around like crazy on the highway! I'm not kidding...there was a donkey running up and down the road! After about an hour of chasing the poor thing, the cops, the game warden, and the donkey's owner finally were successful in catching the donkey - but not before the owner jumped onto the back of the donkey then was violently bucked off and trampled. I have never laughed so hard in my life! :) I just wish I had a picture.

3. My crock pot makes it onto the list this week because I love it and have used it for like three meals this week. I've really just figured out all the awesome meals that can be prepared in a crock pot, and boy, am I ever amazed. This totally makes my life easier. Here's a secret: I received 5 crock pots at my wedding shower! Obviously, I only needed one, but now that I think about it - I could have totally used all FIVE now that I have gotten the hang of cooking in one!I've gone crock pot crazy!  lol
My recipe for Chicken Alfredo? Make it in the slow cooker, people! Turns out awesome and it's so easy. Refer to this post

4. I am loving Avon's Nailwear Pro polish in Viva Pink! So cute, especially since Spring is around the corner. I wore it this week and received several compliments. Thanks Mom! :)

5. Okay, I love weather. I have already posted this week about weather. Don't mean to bore ya, but well... there's no way the weather we've having could ever be boring. This is the 2nd day with tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Sadly, some lives have been lost this week, and the families need our prayers. But all this extra weather coverage and excitement has made me a happy girl! Spring in Tennessee is unpredictable, and we are getting an early start. Three inches of snow last week, two days of tornadoes this week, and more snow for Sunday and Monday of this upcoming week. WILD!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment