Monday, February 20, 2012

Kinda Sorta DIY

Well, being snowed in has allowed me to do a little crafting, which is something I haven't done probably since the wedding.

By the way, here's what I woke up to:
 
Our snow-covered holly! :)

Okay, back to craftin'. My BFF bought me this gigantor photo collage for Christmas. I thought it was totally neat, but I didn't know how I felt about sticking a million different little pics in there, like maybe it would be a little dizzying?

BEFORE
 (with all the strange, fake pictures of hikers, goldern retrievers, and hot-air balloons):


AFTER
I used pieces from a "collection" of scrapbook paper (by Martha Stewart) to fill in the different-sized squares. All of the pages are within the same color/pattern schemes, and it totally matches my bedroom. I am going to hang it horizontally.
This task was kinda tricky because I felt blind as I arranged the squares; I couldn't really see where I was putting them. As I stare at the picture though, I think the polka dot patterns are too close together, but I AM NOT taking this thing apart again. I can totally live with it.
Yay for a snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment