Friday, February 17, 2012

High Five for Friday :)

Well, I totally missed posting last Friday (you'll find out why in a minute!). So, I decided to try to link up with Lauren this time! I just wanted to get in on the fun!

#5
So, the reason I wasn't able to post last week? Um,  three nights of basketball championship games (including Friday) which were played at a school nearly 2 hours away! I have never had such a busy, disorganized week ever! Well, except for the week before my wedding, that is!  lol
The reason this made my top five? Basketball is officially OVER! I am excited that there are no more games, but I am pretty sad that cheerleading is over.  
But, as a result, this week has been  *almost* relaxing and stress-free! I love it!

#4
FOUR DAY WEEKEND!
 My school is off today (due to widespread illness throughout the school system) AND Monday for President's Day! I totally needed this little break, even though I hate that there are a lot of sick kids out there.  

#3
Valentine's Day!
Just being thankful for having my husband not only on Valentine's day, but also every single day of the year! :) I got roses and a nice dinner. I must add that I received some chocolate and the sweetest card EVER from one of my cheerios/students. It touched my heart and made me feel like I had been doing something right after all.

#2
I am covering Propaganda with my 7th and 8th graders. It's one of my favorite things to teach because we get to watch hilarious commercials and make our own silly products/advertisements!

#1
The Holy Bible App (from YouVersion).
I downloaded it on Wednesday and was instantly amazed at the cool reading plans and devotions that are on there. I started the Joyce Meyer "Promises for your Everyday Life" daily devotional immediately (love her!). So far, SO good.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Yay for 4 day weekends!

    I am also going through that devotional and love it too!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently have four day weekends and I don't know what I'm gonna do when I go back to the usual two days!! I love my long weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies! :) It's sad when I am excited to get comments on here.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you stopped by so I could see your lovely blog! I definitely know that feeling when coaching season is over! I never know what to do with myself!

    Love your blog and enjoy your days off! I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by :) I have a whole list of things that I have neglected to do while coaching, so now it's time to get busy!

      Delete