Friday, January 13, 2012

Yet Another Recipe!

What? I can't help it; I love food!

Yesterday,  I made one of my favorite dishes ever - chicken Alfredo! Do you watch Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee? Well, I don't. But, this recipe seems like something she would make because it is, in fact, semi-homemade.  Beware: my recipes are highly disorganized and scatter-brained...and so am I, unfortunately.  

What you need to succeed:
1 jar of the Bertolli's Alfredo Sauce (I use the classic, but there are other varieties)
1/2  can of spinach
Parmesan Cheese (grated)
About 4 chicken breasts
Penne Pasta (I love how it holds all the saucy goodness lol)


Now, I have to tweak the sauce by adding extra ingredients (thus, the semi-homemade part). I empty the whole jar into a saucepan to warm, then I refill the jar with milk  (shake it around) and add it to the saucepan as well. Sometimes I even pour in a little half-and-half.  Next, I add salt and pepper, lots of Parmesan cheese, and about half a can of spinach. Let it all get nice and hot.

Dice up the chicken and bake it while the noodles boil and the sauce heats.

Add it all together in a nice little baking dish and bake it until it's bubbly.
Add more Parmesan before serving. I always make salad and garlic bread, too. Just make it your own... but don't leave out the parm and the spinach because it's the best part. lol


Ahh, the semi-homemade ingredient! Yummo.




No comments:

Post a Comment