Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Not what I expected.

Today was just not what I expected. Well, I don't exactly know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what today was, that's for sure! It was a rainy, cold, and miserable day. It was just one of those days where everything goes wrong, and I found myself praying by lunch time. 

Since Sunday, I haven't found the time (or even the energy) to pick up my laptop and check my facebook, not to mention write a blog. I really wanted to be on top of this blogging thing because, really, who wants to read a blog that's rarely updated? Even with that mindset, I am still struggling to get on here, lol.

On a more positive note....
It's days like today that really make me thankful for my faith. And, if you read my blog for long, you'll realize that I am an optimistic person. I really do try to find a blessing in bitter situations. Yes, things could be much worse in my life; I'm healthy and so is my family. I have a husband who loves me and a very fulfilling (yet stressful) job. I could lose all of those things in the blink of an eye. I know that. How difficult would it be to see the bright side then? Unbelievably difficult, I'm sure. It may sound simple and stupid to some, but I know that as long as I have my faith in Christ, everything else is worthless. Basically, I need nothing but him because without him I am nothing.  

Romans 11:36
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory forever. Amen.

So truly thankful for what I've been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment